Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge #16

Hi all!  It's Saturday which means that today is another Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!  And today is my first as a member of the Design Team!  Yay! As you are reading this I am on my way to our friends cabin for a day at the beach!  It's a long weekend over here!


The Sponsor this week is no other than Cosmo Cricket!  


The challenge is to use chipboard in your creations!  I knew that I had a bunch of chipboard cute shapes that were colored and with glitter but than I realized that my little Ariel had taken it all!  I asked her if she had any left and well no!  I did have some plain chipboard so I decided to cut it with my bigz die in my big shot and make my own shapes!  I always find it fun to cut hard items in my big shot, I am seriously going to have to try metal one day!  So here is my card:

I covered the butterflies with patterned paper by Bo Bunny.  I went with white as my focal point and embossed it so that the colorful butterflies would stand out. As I was making these I thought to myself that they would make good magnets so I added some to the back!  Than to adhere them to the card I used a pop up square!  It makes it extra special for the recipient.

The back of the butterflies:

I hope that you join in this fun challenge this week!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!  The prize is
2 packs of Cosmo Cricket Paper (Garden Variety and Core Impressions) and 2 packs of alphabet chipboard.  Please go to the blog for more details here.
The deadline is Friday, August 6 at midnight PST.Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

Ann said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors, butterflies, and bling!

~amy~ said...

Wow!!!!!!

Michele Gross said...

Love your butterflies!! Gorgeous!! so fun to get to know a little about you on Wee Memories :) Have fun at the beach!! :D

Barb said...

You are so clever, Anita! These butterflies are just fabulous! Love the stripes, and it's so fun that they can also be used as magnets! Love this!

Alice said...

love those pretty butterflies!! beautiful card, Anita!! have a great weekend!

Dawn T said...

What a great idea Anita to make the butterflies magnets for the fridge. Super colourful too

Angi Barrs said...

Love the paper that you used. So cute.

Anonymous said...

Love those butterflies Anita! Loved reading your bio on Wee Memories and look forward to working with you :)

Jenny said...

Loved your card, so cute! Have fun at the beach! :) :) :)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Anita, I love your butterfly! They're gorgeous and the card is awesome!!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Beautiful card and butterflies, Anita! I love than you added magnets, too-my fridge could stand to be prettied up! :)

Jill said...

Beautiful! Love the stripes and what a clever idea to use magnets!

Tiffany Ervin said...

So pretty, really loving all the wonderful splashes of colors on your butterflies! Enjoy your little getaway!

Courtney Baker said...

So pretty! I love those butterflies! Thanks for your guess on my blog today! :)

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card Anita! I love your design and the butterflies look wonderful! It was a brilliant idea to add magnets to the backs of them!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates