Friday, December 23, 2011

Lots of Crafty Stuff and Santa Photo!

Hello!  Merry Christmas Eve Eve!  Apparently today is the busiest shopping day of the year!  Sadly we do have to go out for a few things but not to the mall!  I hope your enjoying this season!  I am!  Today I am stopping in with quite a few projects, first a Christmas card:

I did some paper piecing and embossing on this card, my color scheme came from the pattern paper!

Yesterday was Ariel's last day of school before Christmas Holidays!  I made her teacher photo coasters of her grandchildren, I happen to be friends with her daughter and daughter-in-law so I asked them on facebook to send me some photos a bit ago and didn't tell them what I was making!  I forgot to take photos of them but I am making the same for my MIL so I will show those one later.  Ariel ended up being sick so we went in and dropped everything off.  Her teacher later emailed me telling me how much she loved the coasters! Yay!  I made the chocolate covered marshamallow snowman like last year again, but had to change them a bit to make them peanut free.  (M&M's are not!)  So I used smarties and gel for the eyes and nose!



This year I didn't package them up as the gel was wet but I was glad I didn't as when I dropped them off I didn't see any other baking for the kids mostly chips.  Sad that Ariel wasn't there when the kids got to eat them but she did get to hear there oooos and ahhhs!  :>  

So for the other teachers (music, gym, and her teacher who teachers every friday) I gave them handmade gift tags and a pretzel stick dipped in chocolate:

 Doesn't the pretzels look good:? They are!  I made a whole bunch more last night for the neighbors and when I went to package them up I can't find the pretzel bags!  I have looked everywhere!  I am wondering if because I finished the teacher gifts at midnight if I accidently threw them away?  And I refuse to go back to Michaels and buy more because I have been there everyday this week if not twice!  (To buy stuff for the wreaths mostly!)  Chad told me not to worry about it as he wants us to keep it for ourselves!  

I decorated some gift bags for the teachers went with the first idea that came to mind:


I don't know if you can tell in the photo but the banner says for which teacher!  When we dropped them off I also handed out some chocolate covered pretzels to the secretary and the librarian!  :>

On Tuesday I took the kids to see Santa!  They did amazing!  It was a long line and Carter behaved so well! (Worth waiting the line this Santa is free!) I think telling Carter that if he didn't sit in his lap and smile he wouldn't bring him presents worked!  They took 3 great photos, this is my favorite:

Well I am off have a lot of crafty things to do today but first baking some roll out cookies with the kids!  In case I am not back I want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What awesome projects dearie!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow, beautiful projects Anita! And the photo is precious! :) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Wendy Annabeth said...

Oh, my gosh ... So cute ;)
BTW, I'm hosting a giveaway thought you might be interested in ;)
www.domesticsweetheart.com

Dawn T said...

Meri Kirihimete (merry Christmas) to you Anita and your lovely family. The children's photo is stunning. Enjoy this wonderful time with them

~amy~ said...

such fabbie projects and I adore the pic of your sweet kids!!!

Trinh said...

What a cute card & those snowmen pops look so yummy! I love the photo of your kids with Santa - so sweet! Hope you have a very merry Christmas, Anita!

Karen B. said...

All these projects are just adorable! You had me hooked with the chocolate covered pretzels--yum! Your little guy is too cute done up on the tag like that! Merry Christmas! I hope you and your family enjoy the holiday.

stampingandstitching said...

Wow Anita, you've been busy! Wonderful projects and what an adorable photo of Ariel and Carter!

Happy Christmas to you and your family!

Tomo H. said...

All your works is too CUTE!
Just pop in to say Merry Christmas to you and your family. But I was fascinated with your lovely creations quite a while!
Wish you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Tomo

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

That card is the CUTEST--esp. with the reindeer!! LOVE:)

And your candy treats--YUMMMMY! Those snowmen are super cute! LOVE that you included all teachers (I used to teach)--so important! Even if it's a small treat! Great tags!!

Hope you had a great holiday--Happy NEW Year;)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates