Monday, April 2, 2012

May All Your Dreams Come True!

Hello Happy Monday!  Hope your week has had a great start mine really has!  :>  Dinner is the in the slowccoker a family favorite honey sesame chicken kids are watching a little after school/nap tv.  For Ariel it's to wind down after school for Carter it's cause he's groggy and can be grumpy after naps!

Today I have a card to share using more new stamps, this time Lawn Fawn!  :>  I am sad to share that the last birthday party Ariel went to she didn't bring a card since I've run out of kid birthday cards!  Bad me so I have to work on my birthday card stash!  Here is my card:


I am entering this card into Lawnscapping's newest challenge and simon says challenge anything goes!

Not too much coloring but there is some!  I love this set Critters Ever After!  It's soooo cute and perfect for little girl cards!  :>  I colored the unicorn in with prisma pencils.  By the way if you color with pencils what's your favorite ink to use?  I find that Staz with clear stamps stick soo much!  :>  When I bought this paper I truly didn't think I would make a child's card with it, I usually use more bold colors for that but I love how this turned out!  I love the bow I've had it in my mind for a while to do but it never worked out really until now!  :>  All I did was tie a bow tight and than used small pieces of adhesive to attach it and made ruffles the same way!  :>  Really makes it sooo girly!

We took Carter to the doctor again today.  He did not have pink eye!  Yesterday I realized his eyes were not getting better at all!  Stopped giving him the drops started to get better.  The doctor said today that he has what Ariel had but it started in his eyes and now his throat has it too!  He is on the mend thankfully and the doctor said it's viral so no meds!  He's been laying low today and took a long nap!  I feel pretty bad about giving him the pink eye drops but with it going around so much at Ariel's school and friends it made sense, plus when hubby took him on Friday the doctor said he thought it was that too!  Thankfully today he assured me his eyesight would not be damaged at all by the drops.  So glad it's all figured out!  Looking forward to my kids being back to being healthy!  :>

I wanted to share that I am on a smoothie craze right now!  My favorite is the Green Monster Spinach Smoothie!  I know spinach right?  :>  You seriously can't taste it!  I also put kale in it and it's super good!  Yesterday I made a Tropical smoothie and loved it!!!!  I love coconut milk another new love!  I also make a Banana Oatmeal Smoothie!  I make it when the kids have leftover oatmeal and it's soo filling and so good with the almonds in it!  :>  My kids love it too and it's so healthy and an easy way to eat my fruits and veggies!   They seem to drink anything if it's in a smoothie, I've even used cottage cheese in it!   They eat a lot of fruits and veggies already but more doesn't hurt!

Hope you have a fantastic week!  I am off to finish up dinner!

19 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Good to know that Carter's is on the mend and things are looking UP for you! I am happy that your (stamping or non-stamping) dreams are coming true! Love this darling image and ribbons!

Karen B. said...

Glad to hear that your son is feeling better! And I use Prisma Colors with Tuxedo Black ink, sometimes I retrace my lines with a thin sharpie marker if I get to crazy. The strong stub of the marker removes the wax. Your card is so pretty, perfect for a little girl!

Carol McCready said...

Glad to hear your son is getting better. Love your card. Good luck with the challenge.

Brenda said...

Your food experiments sound truly yummy and your card is absolutely gorgeous in those girlie soft colors! I hope Carter gets better soon, I cannot stand it when Natasha is not well, I just worry so much, silently, and am always surprised at her resilience!

Trinh said...

Pretty card, Anita! Love the ruffly bow. And I'm so glad that Carter is doing better and hope he'll be feeling 100% soon. I did spinach smoothies for about 4 months and finally got burned out on them. You are smart to mix it up!

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute card! Love how you did that beautiful bow! So glad to hear Carter is on the mend :)

Lynn said...

Oh this card is so, so adorable! I would love to get this if I was a little girl. Hope Carter is back to 100% quickly!

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so sweet...love how you did the ribbon and bow...very cute.

Greta said...

That greeting is my favorite thing to write in birthday cards--good stamp to have. this is an adorable card & I really love how you did the bow, Anita!

Dawn T said...

super cute card Anita and I am pleased to hear the kiddos are getting healthy again. Viruses are the pits... really drag them down. Summer is coming so lots of nice warm weather to look forward too as well. take care

Laurel Beard said...

Such a beautiful card!!!! I am glad your little one is on his way to being fully recovered! Got any recipes for sugar free smoothies? Technically, I am not even supposed to have fruit. Sigh... Thanks so much for playing along with Lawnscaping by the way! Glad to see you!

Maureen Morton said...

So girlie and cute - that bow is super-amazing! Glad the kids are doing better - and what time is dinner? Sounds good. I'll pass on the kale smoothie, tho. Ha!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling card, Anita - glad you're working on the kid card stash, you're an inspiration! So happy sweet Carter is on the mend!

jennfontaine said...

I'm glad that Carter is getting better, it feels awful when our kids are sick! I love your smoothie kick too~I just started a 90 day challenge that I am loving and having fruit smoothies is great!

your card is so cute~you are so right about the bow- it makes it so pretty and girly! Such a great touch!

Joe Shien Shien said...

What a sweet card!! I love the ribbon so much. Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenge...

Christiana said...

Such a sweet and beautiful card, Anita! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Stephanie said...

This is SO pretty! I love how you ruffled the ribbon! So girly and perfect!

melania deasy said...

Oh....this is so sweet and adorable...LOVE the colors you use. Thank you for playing at Lawnscaping :)

Michelle Klos said...

this is a perfectly fantastic card! glad i stumbled upon your blog!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates