Monday, April 16, 2012

Mother's Day Card Class!


Hello!  Hope you had a fabulous weekend! Mine was pretty good!  We enjoyed two friend's kid birthday parties on Saturday!  And the rest of the weekend was spent by me studying!  If your wondering where have I been it's with my nose in the books!  :>

Today I am home alone so I can have time to study!  I am one of those people who need quiet to really learn and with two kids it isn't really quiet much!  I've started my time alone not studying but a quick clean up of the house.  In my defense you can't really study with a messy house right?  Plus it's so much faster to clean when your all alone!

I wanted to pop in and share a card class that I did last Tuesday.  In January I joined a yneighbors mom's group that is very close by.  I decided to join to meet more mom's in my area, and with being home with Carter even though we go out every Wednesday morning he would ask for more playdates  With winter I wondered how much more he would bug me!!  I thought it would be good for him to get out with new kids and with this group there is babysitting for the kids so it would be a great for me to have some time away.  I've really enjoyed meeting new mom's and Carter really enjoys it too. Plus he runs around the big area so much that he can't wait for his nap that day!  :>  On Tuesday I did a Mother's Day Card Class for them!  This is my second time doing a card class and my first time with non crafters!  I was nervous but am happy to share that it went really well!  There were 10 ladies each making 2 cards and they all had really good things to say!  They loved the cards and I could tell that they really enjoyed themselves.  Which is even more important!  I made 3 cards and let them choose which two they would make:



For my regular blog readers you may recognize the cards, well sort of. I changed them up a bit but was inspired by some previous cards that I made.  They all have a little bit of stamping, patterned paper, and border punches.  The cards give them an experience with a few things!  I don't know if you can tell but the last card has stickles on the rose, they really enjoyed the stickles and it made me rethink stickles and how I should try using it more!  Also the middle card was the most popular!  :>

Well I am off to get back to studying!  I have a very busy week but can't wait to be done my test so I can sit down and create just for fun!  :>

16 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Your card samples are gorgeous! I bet they want to do another one!! Maybe next tone is Father's Day card class? :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love all 3 cards Anita! How fun to teach a class! I bet they all love it. Good luck on your test!

Cindy C. said...

All three cards are beautiful! I bet they are all fun to make!

Barb said...

Gorgeous cards, Anita! Love all three, but that last one with the pink and kraft is oh, so pretty! :)

Robin K. said...

I'll bet the ladies had a great time making such beautiful cards!!! Such a great feeling to share your talents with others that way, isn't it!! Good luck on your test!!!

Lin said...

I bet that was fun! Love all your cards, and I know they were thrilled to go home with something to show! Well done, Anita!

Dawn T said...

all three cards are awesome Anita, and I bet the the Mum's in your group had a fun time making these cards. Hope the study went well.

jennfontaine said...

i love that you love meeting new people and making new friends- I really admire that about you!

Love the cards! My favorite one is the third one, something about it is so beautiful! They are all so pretty and I'm sure the women had trouble choosing!

I hope your studying is going well:)

ivy said...

how great for you to share your talent with the moms in your neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

These are such pretty cards Anita! Also a huge congrats on Stamping Royalty! So well deserved!! :)

Maureen Morton said...

These are sweet, and so are you for sharing your love this way. It is so rewarding, isn't it. Pretty amazing cards to teach non-crafters, too! Each is sweet. Bet you have started a new tradition with your group!

Veronica Z said...

I want to say Congratulations on being chosen for Stamping Royalty! Your cards are beautiful and I look forward to seeing more of your creations! I am thrilled to be a part of such a talented group!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What pretty cards, Anita, and I'll bet the ladies enjoyed the class!

Brenda said...

I am so glad your class went well Anita! I can see why the group would have been totally inspired as these are beautiful!

Greta said...

What lovely cards, Anita!

Michelle Klos said...

great mother's day cards! i am inspired!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates