Sunday, April 29, 2012

Plumeria Thank You

Hello there!  Hope you've had a great weekend!  I am typing up this post just after putting the kids to bed!  Ariel is out for the count but Carter since he takes a nap is still fooling around!  :>

On Friday I was delighted to get happy mail from Paper Crafts that one of my cards was picked up for the Holiday Cards and More Volume 7!!  It was a busy day for me and when I came home from picking up Ariel to that email it made it so much better!  :>  When I created for that call I was supposed to be studying for my test.  But breaks are part of good studying (right?) I was happy that a card got picked up and that I aced my test! 

Today I have a card to share using Plumeria's papers and some of the Hero Arts stamps that go along with it.  I love coloring the flowers in by "painting" them with inks:

I am entering this card into this week's Simon Says Stamps challenge of Anything Goes!  :>


We had a great weekend.  On Thursday my Mother in law asked me if she could take the kids to the cabin for the night on Friday.  Ummm....of course!  She took the "little" grandkids all 5 of them and barely fit them in the van!  Chad and I enjoyed some time together and went for dinner!  :>  I was looking forward to sleeping in but sadly could not!  :<  On Saturday instead of crafting or reading a book you know some me time I spent a lot of time organizing the kids toys.  And I enjoyed it.  I also cleaned up and organized quite a bit! It was nice to have that time together but the house felt sooo quiet!  

The kids came home pink and Ariel had a caterpillar! Each of the 6 year olds each got one!  Ariel is enjoying her pet and is constantly holding it or letting it crawl up her!  I told her that she has a fish that is her pet and she said "But Mommy this is an insect and I love bugs!'  Say WHAT?  Wasn't it just last summer that you would run inside and tell me that you didn't want to play on your swing because there were bugs?  I guess we shall see... 

Saturday night we had some friends and there kids over and today I did some work with Chad!  :>  And we visited with my parents.  My mom made ribs for dinner, she really knows the way to Chad's heart!

Well I am off. I have a wreath just calling my name telling me "Only 2 more flowers and I am done!"  Till next time! :>

19 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

This is gorgeous dearie!!!

Barb said...

So gorgeous the way you've colored those roses, Anita, and the mix of papers is so pretty! Wonderful card, and congrats on another pub! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous Anita! I love how you coloured in those flowers with the inks. Such a beautiful card :)

Lynn said...

Sounds like an absolutely fabulous weekend. Congrats on your test and on the publication! Fabulous...and another gorgeous card!!

Dawn T said...

such a great card Anita. Love the colours you painted this one.

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty Plumeria card...really love that collection. Sounds like you had a full weekend!

Maureen Morton said...

What a glorious mix of stamps and paper. You have colored these flowers with such amazing style - I need to try this technique. Loved your weekend story - but it exhausted me just reading it. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Rosecrans said...

Your card leaves me drooling.....it's so beautiful, Anita!!

Alice said...

this is so pretty, Anita!! love the mix of patterns and colors. beautiful card!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Anita! Aren't those colours just beautiful and I love that paper!

Cindy C. said...

Really beautiful card Anita!

~Tammy~ said...

Very very pretty! Beautiful mix of papers!

Umm, you had child free time and you organized toys????

Greta said...

Beautiful flowers, Anita! Congrats on another acceptance! What a year you're having!

jennfontaine said...

So many great things all in one post! Huge hurray for another publication! I'm so happy for you!

Another huge hurray for great marks on your test!

Your card is so pretty! I love, love the flowers! Great layout too!

I love organizing, that's great that you had some quiet time to do that and to spend with Chad~what a blessing!

Robin K. said...

Love your card - the way you've colored the flowers is just gorgeous!!! And congrats on another pub!! You are on fire girl!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Hooray for happy mail! Congrats, Anita! Your card is beautiful. I love how you mixed all the papers and your colouring is beautiful!

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful card.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love the flowers and the design of your card! Beautiful. Congrats on being published and acing your test!

Christiana said...

What a beautiful card, Anita! This is one of my favorites of yours ever!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates