Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pumeria Mother's Day Card

Hello!  Happy Tuesday!  Thought I would pop in and blog as the kids play outside.  It's a gorgeous day outside and I can't get the kids to come inside!  :>

Today I have a card to share using the new Plumeria Basic Grey papers and matching Hero Arts stamps.  I made this card because I felt like painting the flowers:


I embossed the flowers in white and painted them with inks and water mixed with perfect pearls.  I so enjoy this technique!  Now that April is here I gotta focus on Mother's Day Cards! One of my favorites to make!

I am entering this card into Lily Pad's Flower's Challenge!  Love this challenge with all my new flower stamps I am entering it often!  And this week's Simon Says stamp challenge of anything goes!

I have a cute photo to show you.  While the kids were playing outside a MB Hydro truck came to look at our light.  It hasn't been working well so we were really happy to see him!  And that he came when the kids were playing outside was great!  They loved watching him!  And I enjoyed hearing there screams of delight!!  Ariel said "He can't go up in that he will fall out!"  Carter came in the house and asked for a chair so Chad gave him one of the kid chairs.  When I checked on them this is what I found:


He was using the chair to help him be higher to see the worker!  When I snapped the photo I missed the worker being up in the bucket!  :>  

Oh I do have one more funny tidbit for you, Carter's favorite thing to do on a schoolday is finish Ariel's lunch!  He goes to her backpack digs it out and you hear him say with glee LUNCH LUNCH!  Yes obviously it's because I don't feed him enough!!!  It's healthy lunches today was a sandwich, strawberries, snowpeas, and dried apricots!  Silly boy!

Well I am off!  Working with Ariel on music theory and practicing as she has a lesson tomorrow!

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous card! You really make me want to get that flower stamp set! The photo you snapped is too funny! It's great that you can blog about it because you do forget!! (Wish I had a blog when my kids were little--LOL)!

cheiron said...

What a cute pix. Love your flower card, perfect mix of colors and patterns!

Anonymous said...

Anita this is so gorgeous! Love those big painted flowers! Lol that photo is just too cute!

nanditark said...

so bright and beautiful !

Greta said...

Another great card with that flower stamp! Looks like a perfect day for the kids to enjoy being outside & bet the workers enjoyed the audience!

Anette said...

So beautiful, Anita!

Lisa said...

Anita this is sooo pretty! Wow- I just love your coloring on the trio of flowers and the papers make this really special.

jennfontaine said...

Carter is so cute! What a sweet picture and how great that you will remember these things as the kids grow up! It's also sweet that he wants to be like his big sister and have her lunch! lol!

Your card is so beautiful! I love the background paper and you did a fabulous job on the flowers! They are stunning! Keep up with entering your work~it should be shown off!

Cindy C. said...

Very beautiful card Anita! Fabulous colouring on the roses, and the pp matches perfectly!

Brenda said...

Oh man, those flowers are the most beautifully drawn flowers I have ever seen! I really have to get this stamp! Your card is simply beautiful!

Christiana said...

Wow, Anita! This might be my new favorite card of yours. Absolutely GORGEOUS!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates